Unfortunately, having car problems just comes with the territory when it comes to owning a vehicle; these can be hard to predict and avoid. That is why being prepared is so important. Anyone who has owned a car currently, or in the past, has had that unfortunate and sometimes scary situation where the car battery has died. Here comes your best Lithium-ion jump starter, that is no doubt the best solution in such situation. Here’s our top pics:
Table could not be displayed.
In cases like this, it really can be an alarming situation, and if it’s in extreme weather conditions it can be even worse. This is where portable lithium-ion jump starters can come in handy. As they use a battery with cables attached that can jump-start your car battery when needed. These lithium-ion jumpers come in all shapes and sizes, and some are more durable or heavier than others.
There are many benefits to having a best portable battery charger stored in your trunk or truck bed, and there are few things worse than the gut-wrenching feeling of turning your key in the ignition and having your car or truck not start. Everyone has been through this, and all you can do is hope to get someone on the phone that can come and bail you out. Otherwise you have to wait for another car to drive by and hope that they are nice enough to help you out of this unfortunate situation.
Owning a lithium ion jump starter or charger will ensure that you do not need the assistance of anyone else to jump-start your car and get you back on the road. It’s as easy as simply attaching the jump starter to your car battery and then starting your car. They are easy to use and can be used virtually anywhere; with the exception of some high-duty ones that require a power source to be plugged into.
Portable jump starters are often times lightweight and can easily be transported without much effort on your part. However, it should be noted that when you are using a jump starter that is battery-powered, you will want to make sure that it is charged before any long trip or drive. In the following article, we will go over 5 amazing choices for a portable battery jumper that uses lithium-ion batteries to power them.
Table of Contents
- List of The Best Lithium-Ion Jump Starters
- Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Lithium-Ion Jump Starters
List of The Best Lithium-Ion Jump Starters
1. NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB50 – Best Portable Jump Starter
No products found.
There is a multitude of car battery starters on the market, and the NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB50 stands out the best portable jump starter available in 2020. Despite being completely portable, this car battery charger is a very powerful device that can deliver up to 7,000 joules of dead batteries.
It is a very efficient tool that works well with both diesel and gas-powered engines up to 6.0L. This includes, but is not limited to marine, boats, cars, and even lawnmower engines. That is what makes it best charger for mairne batteries as well. Although appearing small at first glance, this is a very powerful device; delivering up to 1500 amps. When fully charged, this translates to 26 jump starts.
It features a spark-proof technology so you can rest easy knowing that it is very safe to use; this ensures that you can connect your battery to it in the right way without worrying about any safety hazards occurring. Another impressive safety feature is the ultra-bright flashlight that comes with the NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB50 Jump Starter. It is very useful during emergency situations, and if you are using this tool at night.
- Weighs 1.65 pounds
, and measures 7.7 x 3.4 x 1.9 inches
- This 1000-amp portable lithium-ion car jump starter pack can be used up to 26 times on a single charge
- With the mistake-proof design, safely connect to any 12-volt automotive car battery
- 100 lumen LED flashlight with multiple modes
- Recharges USB devices like smartphones and tablets
- Spark-proof connections and reverse polarity detection
- If for some reason, you manage to connect the NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB50 Jump Starter incorrectly, it will be able to detect this warn you; using the detailed status indicators on the device
- This is easy to use and safe, with a built-in reverse polarity and spark-proof technology so you don’t need to worry about any safety hazards when using it
- The well-built cables are flexible which prevent them from overheating or melting. It utilizes tools that remove any chance of connection errors prior to charging a jump starter.
- It can also be used to charge mobile devices, such as smartphones, MP3 players, smartwatches, and tablets.
- Can be recharged using a USB cable, or a 12V car charger, and the built-in USB port can power all of your USB devices, such as smartphones and tablets
There are very few cons to speak of with the NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB50 Jump Starter, aside from the design of the device.
- While it is very durable, there are a few changes that could have been made, but this charger does exactly what it was designed to do.
- The user manual was a little hard to read, and could be more user-friendly, and there is no carrying case
- Lack of equipment; there is no AC wall socket charger
2. Clore Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 – Most Powerful Lithium Jump Starter
No products found.
As we know, it required a lot of power to jump-start a car. The Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 has that and more; this lithium jump-starter packs a punch. However, it should be noted that there is no power switch, so you will want to make sure that you store the cables correctly (there is a spot on each side) so that you don’t spark.
It is small enough to store in your trunk or truck bed. Because it is portable with a carrying handle, it makes it easy to carry with you. There are not a lot of safety features, although there could be more added to ensure that the cables don’t cause a spark or safety hazard. One safety feature that we would like to see added in future models that are missing is reverse polarity detection, as this would let you know if you haven’t properly connected the jumper cables to the battery’s terminals. All in all, this is a great addition to your car’s emergency kit.
- 1700 peak amps, with 425 cranking amps and features the Clore PROFORMER battery technology
- Industrial-grade clamps attached to 46″ cable leads
- Built-in charger with automatic charging capabilities and a voltmeter provides the charging status of onboard battery
- Includes a 1-year limited warranty
- 12VDC outlet to power accessories
- This jumper has long cables, which really comes in handy for those situations where you can’t move around as much as you would like to in order to jump-start your car or truck.
- Transportation is easy with the Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700, even though it can be heavy at times, as it weighs 18 pounds.
- Very easy to store and use, and will get you out of a bind in a pinch
- Although this is a great addition to have in your car or truck, there are a few cons that we have found. Nothing major, but they are worth noting.
- There is no digital or backlit display. Even though it has an easy to read battery test gauge, this would be a nice feature to add in the future.
- As stated above, there is no on/off switch so you will want to make sure that you store the cables properly to avoid any type of sparking
- There is little in the way of safety features, and we would like to see some added in the future. When you are working with this type of tool, safety is important and there are little features in that regard.
3. NEXPOW 2000A Lithium Ion Jump Starter
- One of the most powerful battery jump starters on the market, while being compact with a peak of 2000 Amps
- Includes a dual USB output and the quick charge 3.0 USB port can fully charge your cellphones, tablets, and other mobile devices at the fastest speed possible.
- Features longer jumper cables to make reaching the car battery easier and more convenient
- Included in the box of the Nexpow jump-starting kit is: Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack, Heavy-Duty Battery Clamps, USB Type-C Charging Cable, user manual, durable carrying case, 15W Adaptor
- The Nexpow 2000Amp is able to jump-start a flat battery for up to 20 times on a single charge
- Powerful Jump starter compatible with large sized engines
- Extremely strong and durable, the advanced lithium-ion battery chip quick discharge start power technology makes it fast and easy to jump-start a battery, even in extreme cold and heat
- Built for a quick and safe jump-start, the integrated voltmeter reads the battery voltage for enhanced diagnostics in order to prevent short circuit
- 2 year warranty period
- Cable length is shorter
4. Gooloo 1200A Lithium Jump Starter – Best Booster Pack
No products found.
If you’re looking for a reliable, powerful, and compact car jump starter, Gooloo 1200A lithium jump starter is the ideal choice. It comes with a built-in wall charger, which allows you to charge your phone, tablet, or any other device via USB.
The Gooloo 1200A jump starter is powered by a high capacity 18000mAh lithium ion battery, which provides plenty of power to jumpstart even the heaviest cars. It also includes a built-in LED light, making it easier to see where you’re connecting the jumper cables.
In addition to providing enough power to jumpstart your vehicle safely, the Gooloo Lithium Jump Box Booster Portable Charger also offers several additional features to enhance your experience. For example, it automatically shuts off after 30 minutes of nonuse, preventing accidental damage to your battery.
When you need to jumpstart your vehicle, simply connect the included jumper cables to the terminals on the bottom of the unit. Then plug the positive terminal of the jumper cables into the cigarette lighter socket of your vehicle, and the negative terminal into the ground.
Once connected, press the button on top of the unit to activate the jumpstarter. If your vehicle starts, congratulations! If not, try another connection point until you find the correct one. Once you’ve found the proper spot, repeat the process until your vehicle starts.
All in all, the Gooloo jump starter battery pack is a great option for anyone who wants a reliable, powerful, compact, and stylish car jump starter.
- A capacity of 18000mAh, and a weight of 1.2 pounds with dimensions of 6.4 × 3 × 1.4 inches
- This lightweight and slim design is great for storing in your glove compartment or backpack. It’s also very convenient to carry around since it fits perfectly in your palm.
- Another cool feature is the ability to charge your smartphone using the USB port located on the side of the unit. Simply connect your phone to the USB port, then plug the USB end of the cable into the wall outlet.
- Amperage of 1200 A, 12 volts maximum power output, and a lithium-ion battery is required for use
- Its battery can last up to 5 hours on a single charge, and can still operate in temperatures from -20C to +40C
- A female cigarette lighter adapter is attached to the device
- An input of 15V/1A, with an output quick charge (5V/2.4A,9V/2A) 5V/2.1A 12V/10A)
- Finally, the Goooloo jump starter is equipped with a smart connector, allowing you to quickly and conveniently charge your phone, tablet or other electronic devices.
5. AVAPOW Compact Lithium Car Power Pack
No products found.
If you’re tired of carrying around bulky jump starters, then you should check out the AVAPOW A18 Portable Car Jump Starter. This thing is super portable and comes with a bunch of cool features that lets you quickly jumpstart your vehicle using nothing but a few simple tools.
It’s powered by a 2000 amp peak current, making it capable of starting up to eight different types of engines. So whether you’re working on a car, truck, motorcycle or something else, this thing can handle it.
Now, let’s move onto the coolest feature of all: the LED lights. There are three different modes available: flashing, steady and SOS. These allow you to quickly find your vehicle in the dark and give you a chance to call for help if you’re stranded somewhere.
But wait, there’s more! Because the AVAPOW comes with eight different safety protections built in, you’ll be able to rest assured knowing that you’re using a product that’s completely safe to use.
First off, it has reverse polarity protection, short circuit protection, high temperature protection, low temperature protection, high voltage protection, low voltage protection, timeout protection and many more.
Plus, the AVAPOW is designed to be extremely lightweight and portable, making it ideal for camping trips, road trips, and long drives. So whether you’re heading off to college or taking a weekend trip, the AVAPOW Jump Starter 2000mA is the perfect companion.
All in all, this thing is great for anyone who wants to stay prepared for emergencies. And since it’s so portable, you can carry it anywhere you go.
That is where a lithium ion jump starter comes in, and you won’t be disappointed by the investment. This is an ultra-multifunctional jump starter that can start both gasoline and diesel vehicles in seconds, with the capability to charge your electronic devices as well.
- Features a very large capacity, at 18000mAh while maintaining a very compact design
- Inteligent Jumper with 8 different advanced safety protection systems
- Rated for up to 40 Jumps
- Dual USB quick charging system with output (5V/3A 9V/2A 12V/1.5A) that can save your 50% time while charging your cellphones, tablets, Kindles or digital cameras.
- 3 LED lighting modes
- 2 Year Warranty current of 600A
Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Lithium-Ion Jump Starters
All of the above mentioned portable car jumpers or portable chargers are very good products and will get you out of a bind when needed. While some are better suited for different situations, they are all very versatile and can be used in a wide variety of situations that you may find yourself in. All of which are easy to store, and can fit in even the smallest of trunks or truck beds.
Choosing the best one for you and your lifestyle boils down to personal preference of course, but the one that stands out above all the rest for us as relates to being well-rounded with few cons and multiple pros would be the NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40 Jump Starter. We love all of the safety features that are included with this one, and the fact that it houses so much power in such a compact design was a huge plus. We have never had any real issues when using this, and use the media charging and light features often.
That said, there is no reason that you won’t fall in love with the other products on this list, as they are all excellent products from companies with good reputations and are all worth looking into for a portable car jump starter to have on hand.