No doubt buying the best Champion winch can help make your life easier. Champion winches are the best products available on the market. Most of these winches have a compact design and are robust. In case you did not know, Champion winches are made by a company known as Champion Power Equipment. This company which has 17 years of experience makes a variety of power equipment such as pumps, lawnmowers, generators, wood chippers, and winches. In this article, we will take a look at the best Champions winches review.
Table of Contents
- List of The Best Champion Winches
- Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Champion Winches Review
List of The Best Champion Winches
1. Champion 10,000-lb. Truck/SUV Winch Kit
- Comes with a 3.6 horsepower that makes it one of the best winches in the industry.
- It has a three-stage planetary gear system which comes with a gear ratio of 216:1
- 10000-pound line rated line pull
- Features a high-speed hitch adapter which is specially designed to offer a perfect and reliable winching operation.
- 12 feet wired remote that allows you to maintain a safe distance when you use it for heavy-duty jobs.
- 38 foot galvanized aircraft grade cable
- Handheld, quick connect remotely that is used to power the in and outlines.
- Comes with 10,000 pounds line pulling power
- With a 2-inch receiver, it can be mounted anywhere
- It is lightweight with a weight of only 1.1 pounds.
- It has a high pulling capacity of 10,000 pounds.
- Has a waterproof motor.
- Easy mounting, portability, and storage tanks to the mount handle as well as speed mount 2-inch hitch adapter
- 4-way roller mechanism that offers smooth spooling
- A three-stage planetary gear system
- 12 feet wired remote
- Dynamic braking system
- The chassis is not good
- A longer cable is needed so that you can mount it at the rear of your vehicle.
- It can break when it is used under heavy loads.
- The instruction manual is not clear enough.
- Comes with a rare hitch hook-up that is bought separately
- The steel rope can lead to serious injury in case it breaks under heavy load.
2. Champion 4500-lb. ATV/UTV Wireless Winch Kit
As the name suggests, Champion 4500-lb. ATV/UTV Wireless Winch Kit comes with a load capacity of 4500 pounds. This means that you can use this winch kit to pull vehicles that weigh 4500 pounds and below. But if you want to get optimum performance out of this winch kit, it is ideal that you use it to pull objects that weigh 3000 pounds and below. The good thing about Champion 4500-lb Winch Kit is that it comes with a 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Thanks to the wireless remote and antenna, it is convenient to operate the winch from a radius of 50 feet.
- It automatically powers off when it is not in use which helps to conserve the vehicle’s battery.
- Complete setup that includes wireless remote and antenna, roller fairlead, mounting channel, and a wiring kit with contactor
- Has a dynamic braking system that helps prevent wear and tear of the gear.
- 1.6hp Permanent Magnet motor and wireless remote control
- The Winch kit is quite affordable
- 38 foot galvanized steel rope
- It is a wireless winch kit
- The steel rope is quite durable and requires little maintenance
- Dynamic braking system
- 4500-pound capacity
- It is easy to mount and install this winch kit
- Features three stages planetary gear
- Roller fairlead mechanism
- Comes with a mountable rocker switch as well as wiring kit with a contactor that makes the recovery process smoother
- The free spooling clutch gives you proper control which makes the recovery process easier
- This lightweight winch kit is powerful but lightweight
- It is possible to operate from 50
- Automatically turns off when it is not in use which helps to conserve battery
- The auto-shut mechanism preserves battery life
- When in continuous use the winch gets overheated
- Remote reception is not good
- The bolts, nuts, and washer could have a better quality
- It comes with a motor which is not waterproof
3. Champion 3500-lb. ATV/UTV Synthetic Rope Winch Kit
The main difference between the Champion 3500-lb and other winches on this Champion winch review is the synthetic rope. The Champion 3500-lb winch is wonderful, but it could have been better in case it came with a roller fairlead mechanism. It might be a small winch but it is not wireless. Also, the Champion 3500-lb comes with a weak fairlead mechanism.
- This Champion winch synthetic rope is 50-foot long that is flexible, lightweight and floats on water.
- Comes with free spooling clutch and remote control that offers a smoother winching.
- Efficient with a line speed of 9.8 per minute with no load and 3.3 per minute when it has a full load.
- The aluminum hawse fairlead offers a smooth pull thanks to the lightweight, flexible and strong synthetic rope
- The remote control has a large up and down button that helps users operate it easily
- It is easy to install this winch.
- Has a synthetic rope that is 50 foot long
- The synthetic line is not susceptible to fray or curl
- It is the best winch kit based on its price
- Floats on water
- The remote control has no performance issues
- It might be small but it is a very powerful winch
- Comes with a synthetic rope which is flexible that doesn’t break leading to injury
- It doesn’t have enough power for winching heavy loads.
- The synthetic rope requires more maintenance compared to the steel counterpart.
- Leads are not long enough.
4. Champion 3000-lb. ATV/UTV Winch Kit
Champion 3000-lb is a popular product among consumers because of its practical nature and simplicity. This high-quality winch is not only convenient but also budget-friendly. It features a torque and gear system that provides a reliable, fast, and safe pulling power. You may prefer to get this powerful winch kit in case you are a casual user.
Champion 3000-lb winch may have some shortcomings such as inability to pull heavy loads but it comes with premium-grade features that make it a top product on this list of best Champion Winches.
- Has a planetary gear system and a gear ratio of 17:1
- The rugged, latched clevis hook, as well as 49-foot heavy-duty aircraft cable, helps get the job done properly.
- Features a dynamic braking system that gives users the stopping power they need for all jobs
- Has an efficient planetary system
- Comes with a rated line pull of 3000 lb that is powered by a 1.3 horsepower magnet motor.
- Bonus accessories such as mounting channel, roller fairlead, and handlebar-mounted remote control
- It has a weather-resistant 10.3 feet wired remote.
- It is easy to install.
- The remote control has a large size switch which makes it easier to operate even when wearing gloves.
- The winch kit is worth the money.
- Three-stage planetary gear
- Galvanized steel rope that passes through a 4-way roller fairlead that makes the pulling efficient and smooth.
- The dynamic brake makes the recovery process smooth.
- Comes with a free spooling clutch
- 3000-pound load capacity
- A smaller and powerful winch
- It is noisier than other winches on this list
- Battery wire is a bit short
- The high pulling power is not so high
- Remote size can be problematic when it is mounted on the handlebar
- The package does not have a solenoid
5. Champion 2000-lb. ATV/UTV Winch Kit
Champion 2000-lb winch is of great quality and design which makes it a favorite among consumers. Besides, this winch kit is of great quality and is highly reliable. You may prefer to get this winch kit if you are looking for a product that performs a wide array of jobs. This winch which is ideal for trailer, ATV and UTV application is very powerful and highly versatile and works great on rough terrain.
The installation process of this winch kit is quite easy as well. All in all, Champion 2000-lb is a wonderful winch kit. It has a powerful build and is very convenient.
- 1-horsepower 12 volt magnetic DC motor offers a reliable pulling power
- Features a free spooling clutch which offers great control while winching.
- Has a 4-way roller fairlead mechanism
- Comes with an efficient line speed of 3.3 feet per minute when it has no load and 10.5 feet per minute when it has a full load
- The dynamic braking system allows users to hold the load and halt pulling when necessary
- Champion 2000-lb features a gear ratio of 153:1
- Covered by a 2-year limited warranty as well as free lifetime technical support
- Compact and smaller winch
- The steel rope is galvanized
- 30 wired remote control that makes winching hassle-free
- Features a 49 steel rope that is long-lasting and goes via the 4-way roller fairlead thus ensuring a smooth winching
- The winch kit is easy to set up
- Champion 2000-lb. ATV/UTV Winch Kit is easy to set up
- Comes with a single-stage planetary gear system, dynamic braking system, and free spooling clutch which improves the control during the winching process
- Steel rope does not require any maintenance
- Dynamic braking system
- Different bolt pattern
- The motor gets overheated and needs frequent cooling
- Not enough pulling power
- Produces a bit of noise
- The handlebar control is not convenient
Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Champion Winches Review
Buying the best Champion winch is like a long term investment. You will be using it for future jobs, which is why you need to choose the right product that offers value for money. While looking for the best Champion winch to buy, you must pay attention to the following factors.
- First is the pulling capability of the winch. Winches are normally used to pull objects from one place to another which is why you should look at its pulling capability. The pulling capability of a winch can vary from 2000 pounds to 10000 pounds.
- Second, check the length of the cable/ rope. The length of the cable will vary depending on the winch size. In addition to the cable size, make sure you look at the quality of the rope/ cable.
- The third and final factor to consider is the weight of the winch. You want to choose a winch with a weight that can be sustained by your ATV winch.
Based on the above factors you can find the right Champion winch that meets your needs.