Owning a new black car is usually a joy to many car owners. However, maintaining its new appearance over the years is usually a challenge because your car is constantly exposed to external elements that can damage its paintwork. Everything from UV rays, acid rain, ice, mud, and crushing shopping carts can wear and tear your car’s painting, making it look old and dull. In the long run, your car paint will be ruined by the abuse it’s subjected to every day. To protect your investment, you need to use best car polish for black car, which maintains the paintwork and enhances the appearance. Some heavy duty machines or polishers are great for car polishing. In this article, we will review some of the Best polishers for Black cars.
Most car owners neglect car polishing, instead of replacing it with waxing and sealants as a way of maintaining the pristine look of their black cars. Even if you regularly wash your black car and wax it once in a while, you still need to polish it to maintain its new look for several years. Since your car’s finish will be sealed for several years, you need to ensure it is in good condition and well polished. The good thing about polishing your black car at least twice per year is that it helps reduce the paint damage caused by debris and dirt. Once you polish and wax your black car, the paint will look shiny like it’s new.
Table of Contents
- List Of The Best Car Polisher for Beginners
- 1. Dewalt DWP849X – Best Car Buffer for Beginners
- 2. Meguair’s MT300 Pro Power – Best Beginner Car Polisher
- 3. Griot’s Garage 10813 - Best Dual Action Polisher For Beginner
- 4. Black+Decker Variable Speed – Best Random Orbital Polisher for Cars
- 5. Makita 9237CX3 Polisher – Best Professional Car Polisher
- 6. Chemical Guys TorqX – The Best Random Orbital Buffer Polisher
- 7. Ryobi P435 - The Best Cordless Buffer Polisher
- 8. Carrand 94001AS 10 inch – The Best Professional Car Buffer
- Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Polisher for Black Car
Types of Best Car Polisher for Beginners
There are different types of polisher for black cars that are suitable for both professional and beginner users. But the two main ones are rotary polisher and dual action polisher.
Rotary Car Polisher
The first type of polisher which is the rotary car polisher usually works on a single axis where its head spins in a normal circular motion. This results in heat and friction build-up which allows you to do the polishing job on the paintwork.
Dual Action Polisher
The second type of polisher is the dual action polisher which is available in two different motions as the name suggests. It has a head that spins in a circular motion on a spindle.
It is important to note that these two types of polishers have their pros and cons. Rotary car polishers are usually cheaper and are ideal for light to a heavy-duty paint job. But if rotary car polishers are not properly used, they can result in swirl marks or hazing. On the other hand, dual-action car polishers are suitable for beginners who want to do light to moderate paintwork. With this type of polisher, it is easy to struggle with heavy-duty paintwork.
List Of The Best Car Polisher for Beginners
1. Dewalt DWP849X – Best Car Buffer for Beginners
Topping this list of best polisher for black cars is Dewalt DWP849X Variable Speed Polisher.
- This is a great variable speed polisher that offers great performance.
- It features a 12-amp motor that can deliver max watt of up to 1250 watts.
- At a minimum, Dewalt DWP849X generates a power of 600 rotations per minute and 3500 rotations per minute at maximum power.
- The ball bearing construction guarantees that the polisher will last a lifetime.
- Also, it has wool ingestion which ensures that the polisher is more durable.
- Weighing only 6.7 pounds, Dewalt DWP849X is quite lightweight.
- Great build quality which makes it last a lifetime
- Very surfaces meaning that it can handle different surfaces
- It is easy to use and maintain
- Ideal for different users ranging from beginners to pros
- Comes with a variety of accessories like replacement brushes
- Not quite lightweight
- It produces a humming sound
2. Meguair’s MT300 Pro Power – Best Beginner Car Polisher
The Meguair’s MT300 Pro Power is designed to be used by both professionals and beginners.
- This dual-action polisher is designed to offer outstanding user performance on both the interior and exterior of black cars.
- Thanks to the powerful 500-watt power as well as a large 8 mm throw, it is possible to eradicate swirl marks, water spots, and scratches.
- It has a wide 3000 to 7500 orbits per minute speed range that make polishing highly effective and fast.
The benefit of this machine is that users can electronically set their speed options based on the surface requirement. Meguair’s MT300 Pro Power is highly versatile, meaning that you can use it to wax, polish, dust, and sand the surface of your car.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Good for both beginners and professionals
- You can use it to remove defects with less effort
- Lightweight and comfortable to use even for extended periods
- A little noisy
- Does not have a backing plate and pad
3. Griot’s Garage 10813 - Best Dual Action Polisher For Beginner
Griot’s Garage 10813 Polisher is one of the fastest polishers for home users that is made to remove swirl marks, oxidation, scratches, and other imperfections.
- With 850 watt motor and a weight of 7 pounds, Griot’s Garage 10813 Polisher has a good balance of weight and power.
- It has six different speed settings that are easy to access and can be chosen based on the surface.
This makes it a great dual action polisher for beginners and experienced polishers. The polisher has a small but strong 7 amp motor that can be used for heavy-duty and professional use. Also, beginner polishers can use this machine with secure and comfortable settings.
- Comes with a large 25-foot long power cord
- Offers a lifetime guarantee
- It does not overheat even if it is left to run for many hours
- Ergonomically designed handle for good grip
- Polisher comes with 6 different speed settings
- It is not lightweight or compact
- No side handle grip
4. Black+Decker Variable Speed – Best Random Orbital Polisher for Cars
Black+Decker Variable Speed Polisher is a wonderful combination of reliability and affordable price. If you are beginner then you must start with this dual action polisher.
- It is a compact and lightweight machine weighing just above 2 pounds.
- This versatile polisher can be used to polish any objects such as cars, motorcycles, and boats.
- Besides, it comes equipped with a two-handed grip that distributes weight uniformly thus helping to achieve balance while polishing the car.
- Black+Decker Variable Speed Polisher also has a 10-foot long cord that allows you to work comfortably and with increased flexibility.
- It is easy to use
- Affordable price
- Produces high-grade finish
- Random orbit action
- Comes with two handles
- Has an ergonomic design
- The 6-inch pad is not available
- You cannot remove or adjust the handle
5. Makita 9237CX3 Polisher – Best Professional Car Polisher
Makita 9237CX3 Polisher is designed for professional users as it offers precision work and removes the deepest of scratches from your black car surface. This polisher has a lightweight design and features an ergonomic loop handle that allows you to have full control of the machine’s pressure. With a 10 amp motor, Makita 9237CX3 Polisher has a speed of between 600 RPM to 3000 RPM. It is possible to use this polisher with pads.
- Comes with variable speed controls
- Has a soft start function
- Wool can’t enter the motor
- The polisher is quiet
- Can be used continuously with a Lock-On button
- It can be very heavy.
- The complex machine that is not recommended for beginners.
6. Chemical Guys TorqX – The Best Random Orbital Buffer Polisher
TorqX Random Orbital Polisher is developed by Chemical Guys for professionals and enthusiasts using heavy-duty construction. This polisher smoothes your car’s imperfections so that it gets a shinier and smoother surface. With TorqX, you can polish and remove scratches, swirls, and defects from painted cars. This will help to maintain the look of your black car.
Other features of the TorqX Random Orbital Polisher include:
- 700 Watts motor
- A digital speed display
- A variable speed of 1200 to 4200 RPM.
- Easy to use for beginner polishers
- Requires no load to start up
- The polisher can be set at different speeds
- It is lightweight, easy to use and carry
- It has a powerful motor that is energy efficient.
- Comes with speed buttons which lets you adjust speed levels
- Not great for heavy-duty cars
- The machine can heat up quickly
7. Ryobi P435 - The Best Cordless Buffer Polisher
Ryobi P435 Cordless Orbital Buffer is a great polisher for beginners who are looking for a lengthy cord while polishing their black cars.
- This cordless buffer works on an 18V lithium-ion battery.
- It comes with a full-sized 10-inch buffing applicator and bonnet that takes less time to complete the job.
- The benefit of Ryobi P435 Cordless Orbital Buffer comes with two bonnets that are good for buffing and applying.
- Also, it works by orbital action which prevents streaking or swirling.
- Another feature we like about the Ryobi P435 Cordless Orbital Buffer is the rubber over-mold that offers a better grip.
- This dual action polisher is best suited for beginners.
- You can use it with a variety of batteries
- It is cordless meaning that it can be used anywhere
- Powered by batteries
- Has a 10-inch buffing applicator
- The batteries are sold separately
- Does not come with variable speeds
8. Carrand 94001AS 10 inch – The Best Professional Car Buffer
- Carrand 94001AS 10 inch Orbital Professional Polisher features a 120V motor power.
- This polisher for black cars has low vibrations for dual grip handling and easy handling which fits your palms so that you can have a better grip.
- It also features a 3 layer foam pad that extends the lifespan of the machine.
- Carrand 94001AS has a motor that works at a speed of 3500 RPM that effectively removes swirl marks, light scratches, water or mineral deposits.
- It ensures a secure grip
- Easy to use
- Has a comfortable grip
- It works on multiple surfaces
- Durable because it comes with moisturizer barriers
- Not very quiet
- Does not have variable speeds
- The vibration is high
Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Polisher for Black Car
It goes without saying that the benefits of car polishing outweigh that of waxing. Using the best dual action polisher for beginner can go a long way in reducing the many defects your car has. Besides, car polishing can enhance the paint job of your car so that it looks almost new. While using a polisher for a black car, you should avoid mixing buffing pads. Also, do not buff one place for too long since it might end up damaging your vehicle’s surface. Today, many brands sell polisher for black cars which makes it confusing to choose the right product. Paying attention to features such as weight, price, speed, hand control, and buffer type can help you choose the best polisher for your vehicle.