A vehicle sound system is a fundamental extra in any vehicle. At the point when you’re sitting in your vehicle with the radio playing, the last thing you need is to be left with a dead battery. If you have an amazing secondary selling sound framework, It can deplete your battery a lot quicker and influence the exhibition of your vehicle’s other gear. Now the question arises: how do I choose the best battery for my car audio system?
Also Read: Best Budget Double DIN Head Units
Table could not be displayed.
The uplifting news is you can keep away from this issue by getting a vehicle battery that is committed to driving your sound system. There are different types of car audio batteries, just like regular car batteries. Knowing these types can help you make sure you’re buying the product that’s best for you. It is important to know about the battery, as one type may work in stereo and the other may not.
This article features the top batteries for vehicle sound use to assist you with remaining completely controlled. These are the best batteries for car stereo use that will keep it beating louder and louder.
Table of Contents
- List of The Best Car Audio Batteries
- Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Battery for Car Audio System
List of The Best Car Audio Batteries
1. Optima Yellow - The Best Battery For Car Audio
No products found.
The yellow Optima battery is ideal for a wide variety of uses, especially your car audio. It was developed especially for large electrical loads. So if you also supply power to other accessories, you don’t have to lose the performance of your audio system. It uses spiral cell technology to ensure high quality.
This car audio battery has 15 times more resistance to vibrations than a normal battery. This high-performance car battery audio can also be mounted in almost any position and recharges extremely quickly. It has a 120-minute reserve capacity, so you don’t have to worry about suddenly running out of power.
Another good use for this car battery is for seasonal vehicles. If you leave a particular vehicle in your garage during the summer or winter months, then this battery is ideal for it. It has a very low self-discharge rate, so you don’t have to worry about continuous charging during the off months. However, this battery does not have the best warranty when purchased online. So, if a problem occurs, you may have a hard time getting a replacement or your money back.
- 12 volt, 750 cold cranking current, size: 10 “x 6 7/8” x 7 13/16 “high, weight: 43.5 pounds, dual SAE and GM Post.
- 120-minute reserve capacity for power.
- Optimum starting performance, even in bad weather. Housing material: Polypropylene Internal resistance: 0.0028.
- 15 times more resistant to vibrations for long life. The post type is Dual SAE / GM.
- This item is not available on Catalina Island.
- C20 Capacity 55 Amp-hour
- Fast recharge
- 36-month warranty
- No more leaks
- Quite pricey
- Charge with caution
2. D3400 series XS Power - High Output Car Audio Battery
No products found.
If you are looking for a powerful car battery for audio use, the XS Power D-3400 series is your best choice. This battery is powerful enough to replace a normal car battery, but it is perfect as a second battery for a car radio; it is best suited for audio systems between 2500W and 3500W. XS also offers its customers a three-year warranty.
This car battery upgrade is perfect for powering even the most extensive audio systems due to its superior performance. This audio drum kit manages to produce 1,000 cold start amps with a maximum output of 3,300 amps. The XS battery has a closed-cell design, so you don’t have to worry about spills or maintenance. It also uses AGM technology and ABS plastic to make it extremely strong. It resists extreme heat and vibrations and can be mounted anywhere.
While this is a great performance car audio battery, it may not be perfect for your situation. The biggest downside to the XS is its price, which is almost double that of most other batteries. Also, for some small setups, it can be overwhelming and the battery itself is very heavy.
- 12-volt battery with AC: 1000, Ah: 65.
- Absorbent glass mat (electrolyte is suspended in fiberglass).
- Splash-proof, sealed, valve-controlled, and vibration-proof.
- Extremely low internal resistance.
- Installation in almost any position
- Leakproof, sealed, valve-regulated
- Excellent resistance to corrosion and vibration.
- Compact design allows for installation in nearly any location.
- At startup, the power cell produces 1150 amps.
- Resistant to vibration
- It does not include battery posts.
- It is expensive.
- Average battery life
3. Kinetik HC600 Blu - Deep Cycle Battery For Car Audio
No products found.
If you’re looking for a cheap car audio battery, this offering from Kinetik HC600 can’t be beaten. It is among the top batteries. While high-capacity batteries can cost hundreds of dollars, this smaller model is perfect if your audio system doesn’t need all that power. This battery is ideal for systems under 600W.
As mentioned above, this is a great option for budget-conscious buyers, but that doesn’t mean it’s an inexpensive product to make. This deep cycle battery for car audio has a premium design at a fraction of the price. The kinetic battery can improve audio quality thanks to its high current performance and densely packed cells. This audio power cell is the lightest on the list. It is completely leak-proof, uses AGM technology, and is extremely resistant to vibration and heat.
You won’t find a cheaper car radio music battery, but that doesn’t mean this power cell is the best. This battery has the lowest performance of all the options on this list, so larger audio systems may not be supported. Also, this is the only battery on the list that will require additional equipment to replace the original battery, and the product is only warranted for one year.
- 12-volt high-current car audio battery
- Plan for fixed ingested glass mat (AGM)
- Can be utilized as a swap for your vehicle’s standard battery.
- Can also be used as an extra battery to control your superior sound framwork
- Ideal for 600 watt car audio systems.
- Design is fixed and non-spillable; it can be mounted in any position.
- Super Low ESR with More Plates for Stronger Energy Density
- Amp-hours equals 18 Ah.
- 600-Watts of power output
- Size is small.
- It can replace almost any standard car battery.
- Light in weight
- Ideal for high-current audio amplifiers of the modern era.
- Reasonably priced
- One year warranty
- Poor quality battery terminals
4. Mighty Max VP-600 Car Audio Battery
No products found.
This Mighty Max VP-600 battery is solid all around and very reasonably priced. It is a 12 volt, 600-watt battery that can withstand high temperatures and vibrations. It can serve as a car audio drum kit on its own or it can act as a booster for your amplifiers.
This best car audio battery is specially designed to prevent leakage and spillage, so you can mount it almost anywhere without worrying about something affecting its functionality. This battery is very light and weighs only about 15 pounds. Another benefit of this battery is that it is very versatile and can grow with your audio system. If your current need is just that smaller battery, then it’s perfect, but when you add more and need extra power, you can easily add a second Mighty Max battery. They are versatile and serve as a support or main source of strength.
On the other hand, this lightweight battery cannot handle more than 600 watts, so one charge could destroy the battery. If you already have a massive audio system, you need power; that alone won’t handle it.
- Booster for amplifiers or as a starter battery in situations where weight is an issue
- Viper VP600 AGM car battery, 12V/18Ah, 600 watts
- Sealed leak-proof design can be mounted in any position without worrying about leaks and spills.
- Withstands higher temperatures and vibrations than leading brand batteries.
- AGM technology for better energy efficiency, longer life, and maximum sound performance.
- This is super affordable.
- The battery uses sealed AGM technology that is durable and maintenance-free.
- It is not a very powerful battery and the most powerful sound systems may require two.
5. Odyssey LTV and Automotive Battery
No products found.
This Odyssey battery is known for its long life. This is the best car battery for a sound system that lasts up to ten years, which is 70% longer than traditional deep-cycle batteries. It also has the highest charging efficiency compared to other sealed lead-acid batteries on the market.
This car audio battery can be fully charged in just four to six hours. Thanks to its secure seal AGM design, it also offers versatile mounting options so you can place it where it is easiest for you without fear of leakage or damage.
This battery can last 400 cycles at 80 percent depth of charge. It is also extremely tolerant of temperature changes and vibrations. Designed for use in a wide variety of vehicle types, including ATVs, antiques, and your regular car, this Odyssey battery will last a long time and ultimately save you money.
However, note the battery warranty. Battery issues are reported and the company will not offer replacements or refunds. Even for such a high price compared to others on the market, you can expect better from this manufacturer.
- Better: 3- and 4-year Limited Full Exchange, Non-Prorated warranties.
- Longer Life: With a 310-year life, ODYSSEY batteries save consumers time, money, and trouble
- Longer cycle life: Up to 400 cycles at 80% depth of discharge, which is 70% more than conventional deep-cycle batteries. Stable high voltage for longer periods of time.
- Faster charging: has the highest charging efficiency of any sealed lead-acid battery on the market, charging to 100% in 4-6 hours. 3100 short circuit
- The battery is extremely powerful.
- No spillage, no ventilation.
- No constant electrolyte monitoring is required.
- Runners for a long time.
- Recessed of exceptional quality.
- Very light (only six pounds).
- High cost
What Kind of Battery can you use for a Car Audio System?
This purchasing guide features the best batteries for vehicle sound use to assist you with remaining completely controlled. There are many kinds of batteries that you can use for vehicle sound. The choice of battery for vehicle sound relies just upon your vehicle model and the all-out energy utilization of the car sound system and introduced enhancers.
There are six types of batteries that are suitable for car radio:
1. Calcium Batteries
They are lead-acid batteries, and instead of antimony on their grids, these batteries use calcium components added to both the negative and positive plates. You can use them in high-performance systems, and due to the presence of acid, these batteries are less affected by extreme weather conditions. This gives them a longer life than other batteries, although they are not the most effective.
2. Deep Cycle Batteries
They can supply constant current for a long time. They can be repeatedly charged and discharged without damaging the battery. They are designed for vehicles that use many electronic components and have high power requirements, such as heavy amplifiers or stereos.
3. Wet Batteries
Wet batteries are made of sulfuric acid, lead plates, and water and are sometimes referred to as lead batteries. These batteries are the most cheapest and popular of all types. These batteries require a good electrolyte solution (water level) in each cell to function properly.
Otherwise, acid splashes or sometimes swelling may occur. Also, the battery covers must be tightly closed to prevent the solution from evaporating.
4. Lithium-ion Batteries
These batteries are lighter and more expensive than other types. They deliver a more uniform voltage than other batteries and discharge much more slowly. Lithium-ion batteries are not as robust as other types and must be protected against both overcharges and discharges.
They can withstand up to 500 to 1000 charge cycles, but as technology advances, that number also increases.
Li-ion batteries require a special charger or will shorten their life considerably. Now that you know the types of batteries available in the market, you can replace your battery with the same model or upgrade to a higher level.
5. AGM Batteries
Absorbent glass mat or AGM batteries are called dry cell batteries. Instead of using liquid as the electrolyte, these batteries use a paste or gel with a consistency that allows the electrolytes to flow freely.
Because AGM batteries are sealed, they require little maintenance and last longer than conventional batteries. They are also more environmentally friendly because they do not contain acid.
6. EFB Batteries
EFB stands for “Enhanced Flooded Batteries“, also known as Advanced Flooded Batteries. EFB batteries have low internal resistance and charge cycles that are twice as long.
These batteries are suitable for automatic start-stop and if you want to replace them, a more powerful AGM battery is the best option.
Knowing the differences between them will help you determine which one best fits your car radio.
Can a Car Battery Affect the Sound System?
The purpose of the car battery is to start the engine and provide power to key car accessories such as headlights, AC power, radio, etc. when the engine is off.
Like any other electrical component, your car radio requires sufficient voltage to function. If the voltage requirements are not met, the radio or amplifiers may not work properly, resulting in poorer sound quality. Learn How to adjust amp.
A car battery can only affect the sound system if the total power requirement is greater than the battery can supply. In other words, if the battery amperage is less than the power requirements of a car radio, the battery will discharge and affect the sound system.
How Do I install my Car Battery?
An auto battery is only 12 volts, but it has enough electricity to harm you or your auto. A bad connection can damage all the sensitive computers and detectors in your car and ruin your day. So please be careful. Batteries can emit ignitable (sharp) feasts and should be replaced in a well-voiced area. Batteries on this list are sealed, but aged batteries may not. So, keep it as upright as possible, and when the liquid comes out, incontinently neutralize it with water and baking pop. Do the same if it gets on your skin, but see a croaker.
To remove the old battery, and install new one, first:
- Wind the tape that holds the battery in place.
- Also, dissociate the negative terminal. It should be black and pronounced with a symbol.
- Move the negative string down from the battery and also remove the positive.
- Remove and replace the battery (and the new bone should fit in the same place), and refasten the outstations. Positive first, then negative.
- Make sure that your tools do not touch both outstations at the same time because it could result in a short-circuit or fire. For the same reason, removing any jewelry from your hands is a good idea.
- Reattach the battery type or hold down and now you’re ready to reprogram your timepiece and radio preset.
Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Battery for Car Audio System
A second audio battery for your car radio is a crucial accessory as it drains the main car battery from your sound system’s power source. If you choose a durable and high-performance model, you will have many years of short and long trips with the level of entertainment you want.
Before deciding on a battery for your car radio, you need to consider which battery is best for your car. It must be a reliable power source that offers optimal performance.